The Institution of Agricultural Engineers (IAgrE) is endeavouring to provide up-to-date information and guidance to support our members at this extraordinary time. We are working with our colleagues in other agricultural engineering related organisations, manufacturers, dealerships and government departments to ensure that the importance of agricultural engineering is recognized and that the vital landbased industries can continue to function.
If you need additional help to maintain your membership we may be able to help you - please contact our Membership Secretary, Alison Chapman and we will do our best to assist.
IAgrE Members - How we coped during the lockdown
- IAgrE gathered some case studies to show how some of our members continued with their businesses during the pandemic - read their experiences here - if you would like to contribute or if you have ideas on how the "new normal" will look please get in touch.
Information Sources & Help
- This time of uncertainty can have a negative impact on your mental health and the NFU and the Yellow Wellies scheme have put together a little book of practical advice and ways to care for your mental well being, including small adjustments to your daily routine that may help. For more information and to download the book visit this webpage.
- Health and Safety Guidelines have changed during this outbreak, with social distancing rules meaning that working practices have had to be redesigned. Newmac Safety have produced a very comprehensive set of COVID-19 Guidelines, which they have kindly shared with us.
- If you have concerns about your finances then a really good source of information is Martin Lewis’ Money Saving Expert website – you can sign up for his weekly emails that will keep you up to date.
- The CIPD, the HR professional body, have published a webpage page of very helpful guides, factsheets, webinars and Q & As to help employers through these exceptional circumstances - access their page here. They have recently released a Guide on Returning to the Workplace, which addresses many areas of concern to employers.
- A series of HMRC webinars is available to assist businesses - you can see them on the HMRC YouTube Channel.
- The DIT have launched a series of webinars, they are hosted by International Trade Advisers and feature expert speakers from the Federation of Small Businesses and Freight Transport Association (FTA). Find out more and register to attend here.
- The Department of Work and Pensions have created webpages which will be helpful if you have questions about Universal Credit, housing, furlough etc during this pandemic - find the information here.