Douglas Bomford Paper Award
- The Douglas Bomford Paper Award shall be offered to the author or authors of a paper, which, in the previous calendar year, was published in full in the Institution Journal “Landwards” or Biosystems Engineering.
- At least one of the authors shall be an Institution member.
- The selection of the paper will be made by the Awards Panel of the Institution from a list of eligible papers submitted by the two journal editors.
- The nomination by the Awards Panel will be submitted to the Chairman of the Trustees of the Douglas Bomford Trust for approval. In the event of a disagreement the Chairman of the Trustees will nominate the winner.
- The Awards Panel will consider the eligible papers according to the following criteria:
- Originality and technical excellence
- Engineering content
- Potential for practical and commercial use
- Demonstration of the authors’ authority in the subject material
- Relevance to the current problems and needs of the industry
- Quality of presentation
IAgrE offers membership grades for every stage of your
career - your passport to professionalism...