The Institution of Agricultural Engineers is committed to encouraging diversity amongst and prohibiting discrimination across our whole organisation, and looks to promote diversity in the industries we serve more broadly.
We assert that a diverse organisation brings with it extensive benefits. Greater diversity enables a wider range of experience, skills and perspectives. It raises productivity, broadens ideas and makes our surrounding environments, workplaces and meetings richer and more beneficial.
• Create a welcoming environment in which the individual's differences and the contributions made by all are recognised and valued.
• Ensure all IAgrE's meetings, events and conferences promote an environment which is comfortable and encouraging for all to attend and actively participate in.
• Provide a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for all.
• Review all documentation to ensure it is not biased, unfair or exclusive.
• Continue to review and assess our policies, practices and procedures to ensure they are fair and improved upon when needed.
• Provide IAgrE membership, services and benefits to all members and employees fairly and equitably.
Policy dated July 2021