The Institution of Agricultural Engineers (IAgrE) is recruiting a confident and resourceful Chief Executive
IAgrE – the professional engineering institution representing engineers, scientists, technologists and managers working in agriculture and allied landbased industries, is looking for a confident, motivated and resourceful person to drive forward the Institution’s strategic vision from its headquarters at Cranfield, Bedfordshire.
There has never been a better time to be an agricultural engineer. Global food security is at the forefront of government thinking, and more and more resources are being channelled into research and development.
We are a small, friendly and supportive membership organisation looking forward to welcoming someone with strong leadership skills, a passion for excellence and professionalism, with a sprinkling of innovation. You will have the backing of a small, experienced Secretariat to work with you to meet and exceed planned targets and goals.
The role includes:
• Acting as an ambassador and inspirational figurehead dealing with a diverse range of audiences and the media
• Development of the IAgrE brand
• Leading initiatives to increase membership
The candidate will need to have:
• Experience of leading organisation change
• Understanding of commercial development
• The ability to run a tight, focused organisation
• The ability to motivate staff for future challenges
An attractive salary is available for the post (currently on a 4 days per week basis, but full time employment would be considered by the selection panel).
Click here if you would like to view the candidate information pack. If you would like further information, please contact Professor Jane Rickson, President on the IAgrE at [email protected]