- We request nominations for the Award from our sector colleges. Nominations should be for individuals or groups of students studying for courses in subjects related to the application of engineering and technology to the land based sector.
- Students nominated for these awards should be studying courses leading to ND, NVQ Level 3, or similar qualification.
- The Nominations will be considered on the merits of the practical project work undertaken by students as part of their courses.
- The project will be judged on the basis of a report illustrated by diagrams, drawings and/or photographs. Illustration by films, videos and similar electronic techniques may be used.
- A short list of candidates will be invited to meet the Awards Panel to discuss their project.
- Nominations with the completed project report must be submitted to the Institution by the closing date 30 September 2016 together with a Nomination Summary form.
- The IAgrE Student Awards will normally be presented at the Lincolnshire Agricultural Machinery Manufacturers Association Show (LAMMA) held in January, or other appropriate function.
- The IAgrE Student Award will be held by the college for one year. The Student or Students will be presented with a Certificate and a monetary prize.
Submissions for the SPA Award will also be considered for the IAgrE Safety Award. This award has been developed to encourage and recognise innovation in safe design or operation of equipment or processes by students of subjects related to the application of engineering to the land based sector.