- The object of the Johnson New Holland Trophy Award is to encourage and recognise innovation by students of subjects related to the application of engineering to the land based sector.
- Nominations for the Award will be accepted from individuals or groups of students studying for courses leading to an HND or First Degree in a subject related to the application of engineering to the land based sector.
- The Nominations will be considered on the merits of the practical project work undertaken by students as part of their courses.
- The project work must show innovative features with some prospect of commercial exploitation.
- The project will be judged on the basis of a written report illustrated by diagrams, drawings and/or photographs. Illustration by films, videos and similar electronic techniques may be used only as supporting material.
- Nominations must be made to IAgrE by the closing date 30 September 2017. A college may submit more than one nomination.
- The Johnson New Holland Trophy will normally be presented at the IAgrE Awards Ceremony in late April/early May.
- The Johnson New Holland Trophy will be held by the college for one year, the Student or Students will be presented with a Certificate and a monetary prize.
Submissions for the JNH Award will also be considered for the IAgrE Safety Award. This award has been developed to encourage and recognise innovation in safe design or operation of equipment or processes by students of subjects related to the application of engineering to the land based sector.